Coronavirus Safeguards for appointments at my room in Glasgow
As a counsellor providing face to face work, it is necessary that I follow government guidelines or those outlined by my professional body. These will be reviewed and subject to change on a monthly basis, depending on any new advice.
1. Cleaning: After every session, I will wipe down every surface with a disinfectant / germ killing spray. This will involve every surface that may have been touched, including table tops and door handles.
My sofas will be covered in wipeable plastic that will also be thoroughly wiped down between sessions. I will thoroughly vacuum my floor on a daily basis.
At least half an hour (or more) will be allocated between the end of one session and the start of another.
2. Hand Sanitising Gel will be available on entering the room. I will also ensure that I wash my hands immediately before every session.
3. Social Distancing: I will ensure that both our sofa's are set apart at a safe distance. This will be more than the recommended 2-metres distance, but spaced so that we can work comfortably together. We shall endeavour to keep a safe distance from each other throughout. We will not make any physical contact, such as shaking hands.
4. Face Covering: To aid safety, we both need to wear a face covering to ensure that any droplets are not spread towards the other. A face mask is not ideal for counselling, so the alternative government guideline is that we cover our faces with a clear face visor. You may bring your own, or I can offer you one free of charge on our next meeting together.
5. Water / Tissues: To minimise any risk of contamination, I will not be offering you a glass of water, except in emergencies. I will not have a box of tissues on my table for communal use. However, I will leave a small new pack of tissues in their original plastic wrapping on the table for you to use and take away. They will be ready-wiped with disinfectant spray.
6. Air Purifier and Filtration System: I will have an air purifier / air filtration system, which will sit in-between us, and will be in constant use throughout the day. This contains a True HEPA filter, and has the following specification:
Helps get rid of common allergy triggers including dust mites, pollen, mould, pet dander, as well as other small particles and pollutants.
It removes 99.7% of dust, pollen, smoke, odour, mould spores and pet dander.
No purification system has been tested and proven to work against the coronavirus. However, coronavirus particles do fall within the particle-size range that True HEPA filters capture.
7. Keeping Each Other safe: We must keep each other informed about our our own potential risk of having the virus. If either of us feel unwell with possible or suspected COVID 19; or have been advised by contact tracers to self isolate, then we shall cancel the session. This can take place at short notice. There will be no charge for any session that has been cancelled under these circumstances.
8. Track and Trace: I am lawfully obliged to take your current personal contact details should I need to contact the government track and trace service. So, for example, if I contract the virus and have had recent close contact with you, I will need to disclose this. Similarly, you would need to do the same for me.
9. Common Areas: Awareness that I, Linda Hardy, am not responsible for the common areas of the building at 111 Union Street, such as the entrance hall, lift or toilets. However, I have assurances that the building is being cleaned to a high standard, in line with government guidelines.
No degree of care can ever alleviate the risk of the virus 100%. By accepting a face to face appointment, Linda Hardy will not be held responsible should you contract the virus anytime in the future.